An orthodontist is a practitioner who takes care of oral health. An ordinary dentist suggests the necessary treatment when your oral health is disturbed, but an orthodontist can perform surgeries related to teeth, smile correction, and other problems. An orthodontist can fix dentures to correct crooked teeth, prominent teeth, and wisdom teeth issues. If these problems are diagnosed earlier, many major health issues can be prevented.
What is the urgency of orthodontic treatment?
Sometimes misaligned teeth can lead to severe illnesses. You cannot clean the teeth properly, and sometimes you cannot take food as your needs demand. This will cause severe health and social problems since healthy teeth give not only a confident smile but also a happy life with added self-confidence. Hence, orthodontic treatment and braces are a necessity when you need to lead a normal life in all aspects if you are suffering misaligned teeth.
Childhood is the correct stage to rectify dental misalignments by braces. Orthodontic surgery is recommended for kids above the age of 12 years. Braces are of two kinds, temporary and permanent. Temporary braces can be removed after a few months whereas permanent braces can be removed after a year or two years.
Some might look ugly with misaligned teeth, and some might not take food due to crooked or prominent teeth. These issues will be corrected with the help of permanent braces. Hence, try to consult the dentist Raymond terrace when your child is above seven years of age and if he or she is suffering from crooked or prominent teeth to get the braces inserted.
Some children might face issues with the bones in the cheek zone and might not be able to take food properly. This problem can be rectified by orthodontic surgery. But you need expert orthodontist to tackle the issue.
Some kids might not clean their teeth properly and might suffer cavities and tooth decay. Complete cleaning of teeth and fluoride filling is recommended for further spoiling of teeth and spreading of infection to other teeth.
Prevention methods for oral health issues and steps to be taken after dental treatments
- Oral health must be maintained by frequent cleaning of teeth after every meal. Brushing the teeth twice a day is recommended to keep the teeth healthy and clean.
- Gargling with salt and water after eating sweets or after a meal will be helpful if you cannot brush the teeth immediately.
- After dental treatment, you need to keep proper oral hygiene and should clean the braces frequently to prevent infections.
- Fluoride filling is helpful to prevent further damage of teeth in case of tooth decay or cavities. Maintaining oral hygiene, avoiding frequent intake of caffeine or alcohol is recommendable to avoid tooth staining and decaying.
- Consulting orthodontist or a dentist once a year to diagnose future problems is helpful to keep your smile clean and sparkling for longer years.
A smile shows your health and self-confidence and hence take care that your teeth are healthy and infection free by seeking the help of orthodontists to care for your smile.