There may be a number of reasons from injury to decay to orthodontic treatment that make it imperative for your tooth to be removed. Regardless of the reason behind your tooth extraction, you are most likely to be referred to a maxillofacial surgeon who can remove the affected tooth in his office with the aid of anesthesia and modern techniques most suited for the procedure. If you are dealing with any kind of oral issue that requires immediate intervention, the dentist Raymond terrace has can offer the following solutions:
- Exposure of impacted teeth: It is not a rare case that any tooth besides the wisdom tooth to be impacted or shielded from entering the mouth. Thanks to the modern treatment methods, the maxillofacial surgeon can easily bring the impacted tooth so that it comes to its original position. This helps in improving one’s appearance and restores the shape of the gum and teeth along with your beautiful smile.
- Apicoectomy: Though root canal offers respite from a lot of dental issues, there are many instances where root canal is not sufficient. If there has been a dead nerve inside that has caused decay in the surrounding bone, the dentist Raymond Terrace may suggest you to undergo an apicoectomy. In this procedure, the infected part of the root and surrounding bone is removed and then filled up for preventing its recurrence in the near future.
- Frenectomy: The small folds of tissue located inside the mouth under the tongue, inside the lower lip and other such places are called frena. A frenectomy, performed by an experienced dentist Raymond terrace is a simple process performed in the expert’s office for loosening the connection of the frenum which, in turn, can extend the range of motion in that particular area of the jaw.
- Root amputation: A hemisection or root amputation is often performed by dentist Raymond terrace when there is an infection in the root of the tooth even after the significant loss of bone around the tooth. During this surgical procedure, the dentist removes a significant part of the tooth leaving behind a single root of the tooth which helps in anchoring it in the position. The term root amputation refers to the condition where one root is surgically removed and it is more applicable for the tooth with multi-rooted tooth.
- Grafting for soft-tissues: Soft-tissue grafting in the mouth is a significant treatment option for keeping up oral health. Soft tissue grafting are used for adding more tissues in a particular area and may be used for preventing further recession of the gum, covering up exposure of root and improving the look of tooth and overall face.
Therefore, regardless of the oral issue you are suffering from, it is imperative to seek the advice of Dentist Raymond terrace without further delay. It will help in mitigating the issue and prevent it from any complication or infection. It is also advised to pay a visit to your dentist once in every six months so that you can rest assured that no dental problem is cropping up silently.